OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Monday, December 20, 2010

5 days until my Last American Christmas

   I'm sitting here as we just put up our tree in my Biological Family's home, and I cant help but note some twisted irony in the fact we have a decapitated Santa head on the top of our tree every year instead of an angel... I wonder to myself if Vlad the impaler aka Dracula was to have a merry Christmas if this is kinda what he would envision, a head upon the tree, no body, just a morbidly happy smile and glass eyes that reflect the brightly colored lights that are woven through the branches of this festive symbol. *sighs*

   I tried to explain to my family just for fun cultural conversation where the symbol of Santa Claus came from and that how in Netherlands on my birthday which is on December 6th, they celebrate Saint Nicholas birthday and they call the day Sinterklaas. Saint Nicholas and his soot covered little helper Pete come and deliver goodies and place them in the good little children boots where the naughty ones get switches for spankings ( I want to be naughty tee-hee!! ) anyways, Sinterklaas looks like our American version of Santa though somehow we have turned a catholic holiday that was celebrating the birth of baby Jesus into a gift giving gluttony fest where Santa is god and frankly people don't even want to know where he came from. My Parents of course rolled there eyes, and made some comment about how I was trying to make it all about me and dismissed my conversation as quickly as I had introduced it and that was that.



   ( Que sarcasm ) "Woo Hoo for Dead siants heads on yop of our tree!! Bring on the EggNog!"

   I had a nice morning for the most part really. I woke up a bit early and my Master got his hair cut and showed me on web cam, and of course he looked very handsome as I always think he does, and he told me he was very happy he has me in his life because I make him a better man. That melted me to the core of course and I spent the remainder of my day floating on cloud nine as I went about my chores and such. I also packed up anything I wont need for the next ten days because I will be moving in with some friends until my move after Christmas so that I can focus on my planning and not have to play Cinderella at age 27 for my Biologicals.

   Other then that I made some potato pancakes and we had breakfast for dinner. There may be something very cynical about having Jewish Latkes ( aka potato pancakes ) and bacon together... amusing thought to dwell on. Anyways that was about it for today!! * hums "its beginning to look a lot like Christmas" as she logs off*

No comments:

Post a Comment